Elemental Back and Body Philosophy
We break our philosophy down into the five main principles of physical health and wellness:
- Strength – We need strong muscles to do the jobs required of them. This does not only apply to the big muscles in the legs, back and arms that we usually think about. There are many small hidden muscles throughout the body that are crucial in normal pain-free function. We can evaluate what is strong, what is weak, what is working and what is not. We then train you in very specific exercises and movement patterns to use the right muscles in the right way, gaining strength safely and effectively.
- Flexibility – Movement is the pump that brings nutrients in and waste out of your body’s tissues. Tight muscles, joints and ligaments decrease mobility, occlude vascular flow to surrounding nerves, amplify stress and strain on joints and discs, and diminish a person’s functional movement potential. We stretch and lengthen these muscles far more aggressively than anyone else in a safe, controlled way. Increased movement leads to decreased pain, less injuries, and faster healing times for injuries that do occur.
- Posture and Alignment – We correct any significant variations that we discover in posture and spinal alignment. It is necessary to do this in order to distribute the pressures and forces of the body evenly over the spine and maintain the life and vitality of the musculoskeletal system. We will teach you to hold yourself the right way, taking pressure off problem areas and retraining the body to use its innate shock absorbing system.
- Energy – Addressed through the use of acupuncture and acupressure, this often overlooked aspect to physical health can make amazing changes to both pain relief and muscle tone. By addressing the energetic flow of the body, we can decrease pain more quickly while increasing your body’s ability to heal itself.
- Mind-Body and Awareness – This is the most overlooked aspect of pain management and one that we pride ourselves on at Elemental Back & Body. Anxiety and stress can be major contributors to pain. We relieve your anxiety by explaining what is causing your pain and what you can do to relieve it and prevent its return. We spend time educating you on all aspects of your health, and how small changes in lifestyle can positively affect your physical and mental well-being. Our primary goal is to teach you how to care for yourself.
Kaila is a licensed acupuncturist by both the California Board and Nationally as a Diplomat of Chinese Medicine. She has a passion for helping people achieve optimal wellness and live long, healthy lives. By restoring balance through acupuncture, herbs, nutrition, massage and movement, she can treat a wide array of ailments from chronic pain to digestive issues. Her expertise lies in relieving low back pain and educating people on how to sustain a pain-free life through achieving optimal health.
In addition to her work as an acupuncturist, Kaila is also a Certified Massage Therapist, with over eleven years of experience in deep tissue, sports specific and tuina massage.
When she is not with her patients she is spending time with her family and enjoying everything the mountains have to offer.
Five Branches University
Masters in TCM, 2011
Sonoma State University
• Relieving pain
• Correcting digestive issues (IBD, IBS, Leaky Gut ect.)
• Infertility/labor and delivery support
Spencer is a Truckee chiropractor and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, who believes in addressing the root causes of common health conditions. Through the use of deep tissue techniques, specific stretching, manipulation and multiple other therapies, Dr. Cruttenden addresses the underlying mechanisms behind chronic pain and dysfunction. Spencer’s treatments are never hurried, allowing enough time to educate, giving patients control of their own health.
When not treating as a Truckee chiropractor, Spencer enjoys mountain biking, snowboarding, and anything outdoors with his wife, son and dogs.
Western States University
Doctor of Chiropractic, 2010
San Luis Obispo
B.S., Business Administration, 1999
• Low back pain
• Sport related injuries
Amber has over 15 years of experience in customer service and management. Her passions are wellness and helping others feel their best.
When she’s not helping EBB run smoothly, she’s spending lots of time with her 3 kids and backcountry skiing and mountain biking with her adventurous husband.
California State University, Chico
B.S.,Business Administration 2001